Friday 30 August 2013

OATIFIX FRESH FACE MASK for beauty


MASK
I’m very sceptical when it comes to facial masks. I’ve hardly ever found one that’s really fit for my skin type and does actually make my skin temporary a little better. A few months ago I was given a sample of Lush Oatifix facial mask.This mask is right for really sensitive, dry or irritated faces. I have really dry skin so I gave it a try! The scent is amazing (I could eat it…) but for a “fresh made mask” it still irritated my skin a little bit.

Let’s take a look at the ingredients:

Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal, Fresh Organic Bananas, Water, Ground Almonds, Illipe Butter, Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod, Vanilla Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Coumarin, Benzyl Cinnamate, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract.
There it is: perfume. There are still a whole bunch of synthetic ingredients processed in this mask. I don’t understand why they’d put perfume in a facial mask suitable for dry, irritated & sensitive skin. It just doesn’t make sense. (I’m sorry Lush, I like a lot of the products you’re selling but not this one). If you’re not sensitive to perfume, this mask would be great though! There’s also Gardenia extract in it; this ingredient is also commonly used in perfumes.
I’ve removed all the synthetic ingredients & made my own version…

You’ll need:

Oatmeal, less than half a banana, water, almond oil or coconut oil.
Additional: ground almonds & talc.
1. Put oatmeal in a bowl and add some water to it. It should be a paste, not too runny, so don’t pour too much water in the oatmeal! Oats are naturally anti-histemic, meaning they calm and soothe reactions or redness. Microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Mash the banana and add to the hot oatmeal. Bananas soften and moisturize dry skin. Stir well!
3. Additional: if your paste is a little too runny, add some talc. Talc has been used in cosmetics for decades as an absorbent, bulking agent and to give make-up a smooth, silky feel. You can crush or ground some sweet almonds and mix them in the paste too. The little bits will gently exfoliate your face. I didn’t add these.
4. Finally, you can add a teaspoon of almond oil or coconut oil to the paste. Coconut oil melts when you rub it between your hands, so make sure the paste is still warm enough otherwise the coconut oil might clot again. It should look something like this:

How to use:

Cleanse your face and pat dry. Rub the mask over your entire face, making sure to avoid the eyes and mouth. Leave the mask on for about ten minutes (do not let the mask dry completely). Wash off with warm water and moisturize your face.
I liked this very much but don’t expect miracles to happen (same as any other mask)! It helps to make my skin temporary less dry though.

No comments:

Facebook Shopping Fraud Exposed | How To Report/Complaint Against Online Fraud | Tips To Avoid Fraud

  #FacebookScam #CyberCrime #HowtoReportFakeSeller #FraudInPakistan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tjea38J7k