Saturday 23 November 2013

hair care winter tips


DSC_6892-2
Winter can be SO harsh on your hair.  But, there is one big bonus (my favorite)- no humidity!  Despite not having to deal with frizzy-ness from humidity, your hair can start to get too dry and brittle.  Here are my best tips to share with you all :)
1.  Don’t over-wash your hair.  You do need that pesky oil to keep your locks looking shiny and healthy.  Sometimes, I have the urge to wash my hair too much but it is ok to let your hair go for a day and try to train your scalp to even out its oil production.  The reason my hair seems to get oily so quickly is because frequent washing strips your scalp of it’s natural oils and in turn it overcompensates to try balance out.  Don’t play with your hair too much either, it will get greasy the more you touch it so – hands off!  I use the weekends to let my hair washings spread out a bit and I can tell my hair feels better afterwards!  I also just invested in a good dry shampoo.  I haven’t had a chance to try it as much as I would like but I will fill you in!  If you have light or blonde hair, baby powder works great as well.
2.  Don’t bleach too much.  Frequent processing on your hair makes it extremely brittle and it will break.  Thank goodness that ombre hair is in right! Now it’s totally in style to let those roots grow out and have that natural “I just let my sun-kissed hair grow out from the summer look”.  If this just isn’t your style try an all over color or go for some low lights :) Want more darker hair inspiration?? Check out my Pinterest boards HERE, and look through my “Locks and Looks” or “Dress Me” boards.
3.  Let your blow dryer and flattening iron take a little hiatus.  It’s ok to let your hair air dry once in a while.  If you have naturally curly hair like mine I simply throw some product in and let it go.  I actually like to use a pomade.  Ha! Believe it or not I steal from my hubby’s hair products.   The Got2B pomade (HERE) gives you a non-frizzy wave that isn’t crunchy, and you don’t need to use a lot.   Those beachy natural waves are in people!   If you do often blow dry your hair check out the split-end treatment I shared on my Must Have Products post HERE.  I have already had one reader of the blog share that they absolutely loved this product!
4.  Schedule a trip to your stylist.  Getting a frequent trim will keep your hair healthier and they can suggest the best products to deal with every type of hair.  They have the best expertise and knowledge and you should take advantage of that.

No comments:

Facebook Shopping Fraud Exposed | How To Report/Complaint Against Online Fraud | Tips To Avoid Fraud

  #FacebookScam #CyberCrime #HowtoReportFakeSeller #FraudInPakistan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tjea38J7k